After retiring from the stage, ex-male stripper Matt lands an amazing opportunity to host the new show America's Next Top Stripper. Judging alongside a super model, an internationally famed stripper, and a drag queen, the panel more than has its work cut out for them when ten gorgeous, diverse, and sexy men show up at the show's mansion.
Through lust, greed, and camaraderie, these ten men deliver sultry and sexy performances and one is eliminated each week. Finally arriving at the Top 5, things take a dark turn and secrets long buried surface. In the world of America's Next Top Stripper, who will win and who will survive?
1. Who would play the starring role(s) if your book became a movie? Matt Bomer.
2. If you had to choose one…which song would sum up your story? Applause by Lady Gaga.
3. Is the glass half empty or half full? Definitely half full, I have always been an optimist.
4. Do you have advice for aspiring writers? Write. Even if it's just one sentence. Getting started is the hardest part. And believe the stories of Stephen King and others being turned down countless times before being published. Every no is one step closer to that yes.
5. Does this story have a playlist or a soundtrack? If yes, can you tell us a few songs that inspired you? Master and Servant by Depeche Mode, Let's Dance, Sexxx Dreams, and Applause by Lady Gaga, Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen, and Careful With that Axe, Eugene by Pink Floyd.
6. What’s your favorite scene in your latest novel? The basement! Yes it is a story about strippers competing on a reality show, but like all my stories, it takes a dark turn. They all stay together in a huge mansion, but it has a basement.
7. When you were a child, what was your dream occupation? Being a writer! I wrote a short story when I was eight about a young boy who dreams about a graveyard, and at the end he sees his name on the tombstone. My teacher asked if I copied it from TV or a movie. I took that as a great compliment!
8. How many books have you written AND which is your favorite? I have written eight but choosing one as my favorite is so tough. I love the darkness of Leather Head & Where Evil Begins, a two novella series. I also adore my nods to Alfred Hitchcock: Window Watcher (Rear Window) and I'm the Last Face You'll Ever See (Psycho.) Those two are close to my heart because my Mom is my biggest fan and she got me into horror at a young age. We would watch scary movies together on Friday nights. But I also love my four novella series about a stripper because some of it is loosely based on my own experiences as a stripper, which was my occupation before becoming an author.
9. Do you prefer to be original or deliver what your readers want? While what my readers want and expect does cross my mind, I have to be original. There are some subgenres that have become extremely popular, but I could never write one just for that reason, I have to write what I feel and am passionate about.
10. Does writing energize or exhaust you? It definitely energizes me. I always feel better on the days that I write. I love it and am so grateful to love what I do.
About the Author...
Matt Converse of San Francisco is the bestselling author of the four book series #1 LGBT Horror bestseller Strip Shot, Behind the Velvet Curtain, Obsexsion and now America's Next Top Stripper. He also penned erotic horror shockers Leather Head and Where Evil Begins, LGBT thriller Window Watcher and horror novel I'm the Last Face You'll Ever See. He aspires to bring diversity to the publishing world.
Like his idol Alfred Hitchcock, his books are sexy, smart and full of suspense but told in a style one reviewer called "a new kind of writing, like he was speaking just to me." Another said of Leather Head, "The suspense tried to kill me." and "This is the scariest book I have ever read!"
A Matt Converse book is simply one you cannot put down.
How to Stalk the Author...
Amazon profile: https://www.amazon.com/Matt-Converse/e/B00TKCCVWY/
twitter: https://twitter.com/MattConverse1 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/matt.converse.39